PhD Fellowship in Life Sciences
Within the IRTG 1830, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a PhD Fellowship on the following project (start of project in 2016):
Awards are up to three years, for candidates from developing countries up to four years. The DAAD Stipends awarded to the IRTG 1830 contain a tax-free fellowship (currently 1.000 €/month), travel funds, a health, accident and liability insurance, study/research funds and, if applicable, family supplements. The IRTG 1830 administrative office will support successful candidates with administrative matters, accommodation, visas etc.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in Biology, Chemistry, Life Science, or related subjects
- Applicants should have finished their studies significantly above average and have a proven interest in Membrane Proteins and Disease
- The candidates must come from a foreign country (not Germany)
- German language skills are generally required and can be learned
- English language skills are generally required
Applications have to be submitted as one single PDF-File via email to the email-address (email@example.com) until July 15, 2015. The subject of the email has to be "Application for IRTG-DAAD fellowship”.
- Curriculum vitae including a recent photograph
- Proof of nationality
- Cover letter which confirms that the applicant meets all necessary requirements for the IRTG 1830 program and is aware of the scientific profile of the IRTG 1830
- Secondary school leaving certificate or high school diploma qualifying you for admission to higher education in your own country
- Bachelor and Master Diploma and corresponding transcripts (transcripts or certificates of annual examinations taken at the home university showing grades and an explanation of the grading system)
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Two page proposal for a thesis on the project
- Two letters of recommendation by different professors from the applicant's home university or related scientific institution, which were issued within the past two years. Referees may use either the DAAD-letter of recommendation form
( https://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/de/foerderung/recommendation.pdf)or write an original letter using the above mentioned criteria.
- Proof of internship(s) where appropriate
- Proof of English language proficiency
The fellowships are in the framework of the Graduate School Scholarship Programme of the DAAD and they are to be awarded after a specific competition and a two stage selection procedure. After the first stage, those applicants who have been selected for a scholarship by the IRTG 1830 must further submit a completed application form with all supporting documents via the DAAD portal using the following link: https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal.
The final decision is made by a DAAD selection committee composed of university professors. Details on the submission of applications via the DAAD-portal are given at
We are looking forward to your application for the PhD fellowships in our group. We have a great interest in promoting female scientists, and thus would like to encourage especially qualified women to apply. In case of further questions, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: IRTG 1830-3
Dr. Gabriele Amoroso
Faculty of Biology,
University of Kaiserslautern
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über IRTG 1830
Dysfunction of membrane proteins and of protein compartmentalization can seriously compromise normal functioning of cells and organs, and has been implicated in detrimental diseases. Moreover, altered activity of many membrane proteins causes dramatic effects on developmental and cellular adaptation processes in animal and plant cells. The IRTG 1830 aims to investigate selected membrane...Mehr über die IRTG 1830