One shared journey moves us forward. Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma leader offering opportunities to learn and grow professionally and work alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Our medicines help millions of people around the world in their fight against cancer, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic hepatitis B. Our commitment to patients’ unmet medical needs drives innovation and pride in our record of achievement and we are recognized as having one of the most innovative pipelines in the industry with launches in Immuno-oncology and hepatitis C.
BMS Behaviors required:
Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail. I set high standards for myself and others to win for our patients / I energize others / I strive to learn something new every day / I treat my patients, customers and colleagues with compassion, empathy and respect.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas. I challenge the status quo / I seek and share bold idea that help BMS win / I pursue and understand diverse perspectives outside of BMS / I encourage and have constructive debates / I embrace change to drive innovative outcomes / I rebound quickly and learn from my mistakes.
Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others. I own BMS? Success by holding myself and others accountable / I share information in a transparent and honest way / I celebrate my successes and the successes of others / I coach and mentor others with good intent and purpose / I am inclusive and bring out the best in others / I understand what people do and the impact I have on them.
Speed: We act with urgency and agility. I work with a sense of urgency / I focus on what’s important / I consult with the right people to move quickly / I seek efficient, effective solutions / I quickly assess potential risks and rewards / I break silos and eliminate unnecessary rules / I make decisions with resolve and enable others to do the same.
Head of Market Access–Switzerland
Reporting to the VP & General Manager Switzerland and Austria (CHAT) this person will work office based in Cham (Switzerland).
In order to enable success in the role, key areas of focus will include:
- Create and communicate a unified vision and strategy for market access, aligned with Global and European vision.
- Work with external industry associations, physicians, patient organizations and media representatives together.
- Synthesize complex issues and complex government information, policies and legislation in areas impacting BMS (e.g. healthcare reform, intellectual property, trade policy) translating this data into clear messages to make effective strategic business decisions.
- Scan external environment to identify and analyze trends/changes which will influence access, and their implications for BMS.
- Lead and manage a team of Market Access functional specialists / generalists to ensure flawless implementation of all activities on national level.
- Responsible for local processes in relation to pricing & reimbursement and outcome research.
- Ensure creation of integrated Market Access plans for all key brands within the Brand Planning process.
- Develop and maintain a seamless interface with EU and worldwide teams Market Access group to ensure local requirements are represented effectively and early.
- Be an active member of the local leadership team, collaborate with leadership team colleagues and contribute to build and implement the strategy that will make BMS successful.
- Shape health policy by identifying, building and leveraging strong relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Seize opportunities to enhance the organization’s public image through customer and community events.
- Demonstrate the business ethic and judgment to enforce internal controls to comply with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Create and develop a high performing team of superior talent who are committed to achieving results, and will lead the organization to effective execution of deliverable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in legal sciences, political sciences, economics (MBA) and / or natural sciences.
- Senior management or board-level experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in several areas such as Pricing, Outcomes Research, Health Economics, Clinical Trial Design, Regulatory Affairs, Brand Communications, etc.
- Knowledge of the basic features of all relevant sources of law. (Experience in key account management is a plus (i.e. Customer priorisation, Customer mapping, Negotiation and business acquisition, Customer retention, etc.).
- Experience in building local relationships/networks with health care decision makers.
- Experience in delivering business objectives in alignment with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the interaction with or within national agencies / institutions.
- Environmental awareness and understanding - knowledge of the market and competitive landscape into brand and commercial strategies.
- Strong people management experience.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Ability to effectively drive performance within a matrix organization and to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Strong analytical thinking and strategic leadership skills as well as ability to work independently.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to leverage an existing network and knowledge of how to establish and build on a network of key influencers around issues of mutual interest.